Established in 2017, Evolution Performance has quickly become one of the leading on-site fitness companies in Northeast Ohio. It is our goal to make fitness readily accessible to everyone, while providing the highest quality programming for our clients.
Here at Evolution Performance, it is our mission to provide safe and effective programming that is goal oriented and promotes life-changing results. Through education, innovative training techniques, and proper nutrition, our clients will be able to achieve all of their health and fitness goals. If you have a vision of where you want YOUR health and fitness to go, be assured that with patience and commitment, Evolution Performance can take you there.
Key Training Components
1. Warm-Up. A proper warm-up is crucial to decrease the likelihood of injury, and prepares the body for the activity ahead. Every session begins with some form of soft tissue release such as foam rolling or trigger point release. This is a dynamic, highly effective technique that has an immediate and powerful effect on muscle and connective tissue. Following soft tissue release, we shift our focus to joint mobility and more specific dynamic movements to further increase blood flow to the working muscle.
2. SAQ Drills. Speed, agility, and quicknessare some of the most significant and visible components of athletic success. All athletes, whether training for strength, endurance or a combination of both, can benefit from improved balance, quicker feet, and a faster reaction time. Through SAQ drills, we focus on running mechanics, movement efficiency, and coordination, to further enhance muscular strength, endurance and motor skills. SAQ training is a vital tool used in all our programs to prevent injury and increase overall athletic performance and success.
3. Strength and Power Development. The ability to generate relatively high forces against large resistances (strength) and the ability to produce a high work rate (power) is an integral part of sport performance. The goal ofstrength and power development is to achieve the greatest gains in performance for any given workload. An athlete’s ability to display a high level of explosive power is believed to be one of the most important factors for determining athletic success. By focusing on Type II muscle fiber recruitment, strength development and power output is likely to improve overall athletic performance, which is beneficial in sports requiring explosive movement patterns such as sprinting, change of direction, and jumping.
4. Metabolic Conditioning. Metabolic Conditioning is sport specific, high intensity exercise consisting of short but intense bouts of activity, followed by short intervals of recovery. These challenging high intensity workouts include total body compound movements and short rest intervals to ensure the athlete is spending the majority of time using the anaerobic system. It is during an anaerobic workout that we condition the body, burn more calories and train to endure high intensity exercise.
5. Recovery. Proper recovery is important because it helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid released in the muscles as a result of strenuous exercise. A combination of foam rolling and stretching is beneficial to help reduce soreness and improve issue recovery, increase range of motion, and decrease the overall effects of the stress placed on the body.
In 2013, I ran and was injured at the Boston Marathon. I required surgery and a lengthy recovery time, to include physical therapy and strength training. Lauren was an integral part of my strength training and ultimately my return to top athletic performance. Through her guidance and instruction, I was able to regain and in fact exceed my condition previous to the injury.
I have known Lauren since she was in grade school. She has an unrelenting drive to succeed, a passion for sports, and a heart of gold. I enjoy her workouts because she pushes me to be the best version of myself and constantly tests my limits. Education is her number one priority and she openly shares her knowledge and expertise on fitness related topics. She is an excellent trainer and athlete
Lauren is very inspirational. She really cares about her clients. Even though my schedule only permits one training session a week, Lauren quickly answers questions and provides feedback on mid-week workouts. My husband and I are at two different fitness levels. Lauren adjusts our workouts so that we can train together, but still meet both of our fitness needs. She is always on time and focused on us during the sessions. Highly recommended!
Lauren is fantastic. I couldn’t have a better personal trainer. When she started with me I was a bent, sore, stiff, old geezer with a limp. Now I’m an old geezer who can balance on one foot with muscles growing in my arms, chest, and legs. Lauren also builds my confidence in what I can achieve, physically and mentally. Every session she has me doing something new and improving how I perform exercises from previous sessions. Every session she has me do things that go beyond what I thought I could do. Plus, she is is a good person with a great sense of humor, who genuinely cares about her clients.
I requested an agility and conditioning program for my throwers at Cuyahoga Falls High School. The turnaround was amazing with instructional videos. I had a few question regarding a few of the exercises and when I contacted Lauren she answered them within the hour. It is great to have an internet asset at your fingertips.
I’ve trained with Lauren for over a year now and cannot say enough great things about her. She’s very in tune to the individual needs of each client and truly cares that they’re happy with their results. I particularly appreciate her flexibility and resourcefulness. Whether I’m meeting her at a gym, the park, or even the small fitness center at my apartment complex, I know I’m going to get a great workout and she makes it easy for me to fit a session with her into my schedule. Lauren is also great at pushing your limits while still keeping things fun and lighthearted.
Being a competitive athlete, I deeply appreciate her knowledge and personal experience when it comes to athletics. As I transition throughout the year from one sport to another or preseason to regular season, she tailors my training to ensure that my body is exactly where it needs to be to perform at my highest level. No matter what your fitness goals are, Lauren can definitely help you achieve them!
I started working with Lauren 1.5 years ago and I can truly say she has changed my life! I have lost almost 100lbs in that time (without surgery) and I have never felt better or stronger. My goals have changed since the beginning, but I still look forward to working out with her. This is the longest I have ever stuck with a workout regimen and I know it is now a permanent part of my life. Thank you, Lauren!!