Sport performance sessions are approximately 60 minutes and can be scheduled on a private and semi-private basis. Sessions must be scheduled in advance with a coach. Our main focus is to develop well-rounded athletes using the latest and most innovative techniques, with a heavy emphasis on education to provide each individual with the tools needed to succeed. Our carefully designed programs address all factors of athleticism to significantly improve overall performance and reduce the risk of injury.
Our goal is to improve overall athletic ability and your ability to perform in a given sport. Sport performance training is multifaceted and includes five key training components. You’ll start by completing a comprehensive athletic evaluation to assess individual needs and goals. This evaluation includes an assessment of overall body composition, functional movement, and muscular imbalances. Upon gaining an understanding of your biomechanics, we can better assess your physical strength, power, speed and agility to determine your skill level for effective program development.
KEY TRAINING COMPONENTS
1. Warm-Up. A proper warm-up is crucial to decrease the likelihood of injury, and prepares the body for the activity ahead. Every session begins with some form of soft tissue release such as foam rolling or trigger point release. This is a dynamic, highly effective technique that has an immediate and powerful effect on muscle and connective tissue. Following soft tissue release, we shift our focus to joint mobility and more specific dynamic movements to further increase blood flow to the working muscle.
2. SAQ Drills. Speed, agility, and quickness are some of the most significant and visible components of athletic success. All athletes, whether training for strength, endurance or a combination of both, can benefit from improved balance, quicker feet, and a faster reaction time. Through SAQ drills, we focus on running mechanics, movement efficiency, and coordination, to further enhance muscular strength, endurance and motor skills. SAQ training is a vital tool used in all our programs to prevent injury and increase overall athletic performance and success.
3. Strength and Power Development. The ability to generate relatively high forces against large resistances (strength) and the ability to produce a high work rate (power) is an integral part of sport performance. The goal of strength and power development is to achieve the greatest gains in performance for any given workload. An athlete’s ability to display a high level of explosive power is believed to be one of the most important factors for determining athletic success. By focusing on Type II muscle fiber recruitment, strength development and power output is likely to improve overall athletic performance, which is beneficial in sports requiring explosive movement patterns such as sprinting, change of direction, and jumping.
4. Metabolic Conditioning. Metabolic Conditioning is sport specific, high intensity exercise consisting of short but intense bouts of activity, followed by short intervals of recovery. These challenging high intensity workouts include total body compound movements and short rest intervals to ensure the athlete is spending the majority of time using the anaerobic system. It is during an anaerobic workout that we condition the body, burn more calories and train to endure high intensity exercise.
5. Periodic Testing. We complete initial testing to mark a starting point as well as periodic testing to track progress and ensure we are improving across all measures.
PRIVATE / SMALL GROUP
Private sessions allow you to work with a coach in a personalized one-on-one setting. These sessions are individually designed to concentrate on your specific goals to help advance you to the next level.
Small group sessions are designed for up to four athletes. This type of training still allows for personalized instruction but at a fraction of the cost. Small group training offers individualized training along with the accountability of others.
A comprehensive performance system can be developed for your organization that will improve the overall level of performance, help reduce sport specific injuries and add value to your athletic program. Whether you are looking to incorporate a one time preseason conditioning camp or a comprehensive season long sport performance program, Evolution Performance can develop something that meets your needs.
SPORT PERFORMANCE CAMPS
Sport performance camps are approximately 120-minute and are designed to teach athletes the basics about speed, agility and quickness. Athletes will undergo a proper warm-up, sport specific speed and agility drills, strength and power development, and metabolic conditioning. Sport performance camps are focused on education and improving the overall athletic ability of the athlete as well as getting them in shape for sport specific competition.
Online programming is designed for athletes who want customized and structured programming but have the motivation and accountability to complete the programming on their own. These programs are designed around your specific goals and include speed and agility, strength and power development, metabolic conditioning and nutritional guidance.